Top 10 Best Whey Protein: Click Here
Choose Your Best Whey Protein: Ultimate Guide
(Best Organic Whey Protein reviews)
Are you looking for the best organic whey protein reviews ? You have come to the appropriate place.
What is Whey Protein?
Whey is a by-product of cheese-making and casein manufacture in the dairy industry. After the casein curd separates from the milk, the remaining watery and thin liquid is called whey. Few years ago, usually whey was dumped into streams. As a result, these streams became polluted. But, now-a-days, whey is processed into a range of dairy products.
Whey protein is a type of animal protein that comes from milk. It is high quality protein and contains large amount of BCAAs (Branch Chain Amino Acids). It is also a good source of essential amino acids. Compared with the other protein available in the market, whey protein is one of the fastest digestible proteins. Whey protein is famous among the gym enthusiasts, bodybuilders as well as those people who need to lose weight.
Sources of Whey Protein:
The common sources are —
- Ricotta cheese
- Dairy milk.
- Goat milk.
Composition of Whey Protein:
Whey Protein is a mixture of the following –
- α (Alpha) lactalbumin
- β (Beta) lactoglobulin
- Bovine lactoferrin
- Bovine serum albumin (BSA) and
Types of Whey Protein
There are different types of whey protein and they are differentiated by the way they have been processed. The main three whey proteins are —
Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC):
WPC contains a large amount of protein. The percentage of protein depends on how much concentrated it is. Usually WPC contains about 70-80% of protein and small amount of lactose (milk sugar), fats and various minerals.
Whey Protein Isolate (WPI):
WPI usually contains 90% or higher amount of protein and a little amount of lactose and fat. WPI also may lose some beneficial nutrients found in WPC (Whey Protein Concentrate). But, it may be a great option for lactose intolerant people.
Whey Protein Hydrolysate (WPH):
WPH is also known as Hydrolyzed Whey. This type of whey protein has been predigested (broken down) to enhance absorption. It promotes a 28-43% greater insulin spike than isolate. Commonly, it is used in infant formulas and medical protein supplements because of its improved digestibility and decrease allergen potential.
Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC) is the cheapest and most widely available whey protein that comes with best flavors. Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) and Whey Protein Hydrolysate (WPH) are more expensive and lack some of the texture/flavor that concentrate provide. But, if you have lactose intolerance or you are trying to avoid carbohydrate and fat, then Whey Protein Isolate or Whey Protein Hydrolysate may be better option for you.
Review of the Best Whey Protein Powder:
Here we discuss about the best whey protein powders. This organic whey protein reviews will help you to choose and select the best whey protein supplement for you.
1.NOW Foods Whey Protein Isolate
NOW Foods Whey Protein Isolate is an excellent whey protein provided by Now Foods. Now Foods is a famous company that marketed different products used by millions of consumers. Now Foods Whey Protein Isolate comes with different excellent features that make it famous among the nutritionist and consumers worldwide. It is easily digestible that makes it more efficient for muscle metabolism.
It is also contain high amount of BCAAs (Branch Chain Amino Acids). These are essential for muscle metabolism. It also delivers α –lactalbumin, β –lactoglobulin, bovine lactoferrin, bovine serum albumin (BSA) and Immunoglobulins. This great supplement also contains different minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium and phosphorus etc. It does not contain any starch, sugar, yeast, salt, wheat, corn, gluten, eggs and preservatives.
- 100% Pure
- Mixes Instantly
- Enriched with BCAA’s (Branch Chain Amino Acid)
- Natural Unflavored
- All Natural
- No Aspartame, No Acesulfame-K and No Sucralose
- Very easy to prepare
- Does not take long time to digest, so gives rapid results
- Easily dissolves in water. Also easily mix with milk or any juice
- Affordable price
- Does not have any wonderful taste. Almost tasteless
- Some consumer noted that, it is somewhat foamy.
Uses: As food supplement. Not formulated as a weight reduction supplement.
Customer reviews mostly favorable on the NOW Foods Whey Protein Isolate. The ratings of this whey protein isolate are excellent on Amazon.com. With almost 1294 reviews, only 4% consumers gave this whey protein isolate 1 star rating and 72% consumers gave 5 star ratings. This excellent whey protein isolate has overall 4.5 stars out of 5 stars rating on Amazon.com, which shows that most of the consumers like this whey protein isolate.
Now check the best price and discount of the NOW Foods Whey Protein Isolate
Benefits of Whey Protein:
There are many health benefits associated with the consumption of whey protein. Some important benefits are enlisted here:
- Weight Loss: Whey Protein helps in weight management and weight loss. A research published inNutrition & Metabolism concluded that, “People who took whey protein lost more body fat than those people who consume the control beverage”.
- Anti-Cancer Properties: A study result published in Anticancer Research journal “Whey Protein Concentrate has anticancer properties”.
- Lower Cholesterol: Result of a study published in The British Journal of Nutrition shows that, “there was significant decrease in LDL cholesterol and total cholesterol level within 12 week in those group of people who consume whey protein rather than casein group”.
- Asthma: Whey Protein could improve immunity against asthma in children. A research published inthe International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition notified that, “Children with asthma who were supplemented with whey protein for four weeks have an improved cytokine response”.
- Reduce risk of cardiovascular disease and Lowering Blood Pressure: A study published in theInternational Dairy Journal discover that, “whey protein supplement significantly reduced blood pressure in patients with hypertension, and their risk of developing stroke or heart disease was also lower”.
A research published in the Clinical and Investigative Medicine journal noticed that “whey protein supplement helps reduce weight loss among AIDS patients”.
Some other important benefits of whey protein are:
- Increases the metabolism rate
- Act as a anti-viral or antibacterial
- Helps to gain age healthily
- Improves memory
- Maintain CV (Cardio-Vascular) health
- Complete source of animal protein
- Quickly and highly absorbed by the body
- Helps to maintain lean muscle mass
- Convenient and easy to use
Besides benefits, whey protein has also some negative effect —
- Whey pasteurization may damaged some growth factors and proteins and
- In high temperature processing, whey proteins are denature.
- Contain some residual casein (such as A1 casein) has been linked to heart diseases
- People who are allergic to milk (or have lactose intolerance) may be allergic to whey protein and can face intestinal issues such as bloating and gas
- Consuming sever high doses of whey protein can cause different health issues such as stomach pain, decrease appetite, cramps, nausea, fatigue, headache etc.
- Whey protein supplement may contain synthetic sweeteners, excess sugar and may be adulterated with colors and preservatives.
To conclude this discussion about best organic whey protein reviews, you are advised to consult with your nutritionist or dietitian before buying the whey protein. You should perform a complete research about the supplement before choosing and purchasing a whey protein supplement.